Friday, September 23, 2011

2006 Mozambique 10 Meticais

Do you have a Mozambique coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Only the second Mozambique coin I own. The better part is that this one was free, from a nice African tourist. Also it is fairly modern, bimetallic, and cool looking.

After a huge inflation problems their old currency  was demonetized and Mozambique made new coins and currency for 2006. After that I think they have not made any more. They must have new coins but I have not seen them.

· DEZ METICAIS · around modern bank building with 10 crossing the ring and center.
·BANCO·DE·MOÇAMBIQUE·2006 around bank logo
The bank is a central theme in these coins because of what happened. At one point the old money was the lowest valued currency in the world until the Zimbabwe dollar collapsed in 2005. Putting banks on the coins shifts the confidence from leaders and politics to institutions that should be maintained and supported by the average person.

Here's the stats for this coin...
Type/Country: 10 Meticais / Mozambique
Year: 2006
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Brass Ring, Nickel Clad Steel Center
Value: $0.75 in VF (very-fine)

Do you have a Mozambique coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

7 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

Mere pas ek coine he

Unknown said...

My number 9734928908

Unknown said...

Please convert this coin rate in India

Unknown said...

How much does it cost in south Africa

Unknown said...

My tenz 0653853944

Anonymous said...

How much is the value in south Africa my tenz 0672500322

Nontuthuko Diko said...

I have the mocambiue coin