Monday, July 16, 2012

1987 Morocco Dirham

Have a Morocco coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Each time there is a new ruler in Morocco they have a reform and change their coins and currency. Maybe that has changed recently but over the last hundred years they reformed about ten times. This one is the al-Hassan II version that lasted from 1962-1999 and under that rule there were two reforms. Oh boy it gets tough if your not familiar with the history.


This one is very worn for being so young. Must of seen some tough times.

Here are the stats for this...
Type/Country: 1 Dirham / Morocco
Year: 1987-1407
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Copper-nickel
Value: $0.30 in Fine ($0.11 in exchange value)

Do you have any Moroccan coins and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

29 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, all of my Moroccan dirhams (pre-2002) are really worn down like your coin. I guess they circulate a lot.

Man said...

all of my Moroccan dirhams (pre-2002) are really worn down like your coin. I guess they circulate a lot.

I have to agree, the 2002 I found 2 years ago is very sharp. Plus I found all of them in my change so they circulate well.

But it can also be they were no struck with enough force.

Man said...

*Meant to say "not stuck" instead of "no struck".

Anonymous said...

man where did you make your website?

Man said...

man where did you make your website?

I do not understand your question, this is the main site.

Anonymous said...

my question is what domain did you use to make your website like did you use ipage sitekreator or what website did you use

Man said...

my question is what domain did you use to make your website like did you use ipage sitekreator or what website did you use


Still not quite sure what you are getting at but this is a Blogger blog and currently I'm using their platform.

They offer free services and I have slightly modified the HTML, CSS, and a few other template things to give it the look I want.

Anonymous said...

I have a coin, 1 Dirham - Hassan II 3rd portrait, where the portrait is up-side-down. Does that affect the value?

Man said...

1 Dirham - Hassan II 3rd portrait, where the portrait is up-side-down.

If you mean a Rotated Die error, it may have extra value. Just a few dollars in low grade.

But this Dirham has coin alignment so when then date is right-side up and the coin is flipped left or right the head is upside-down.

Anonymous said...

"If you mean a Rotated Die error, it may have extra value. Just a few dollars in low grade.

But this Dirham has coin alignment so when then date is right-side up and the coin is flipped left or right the head is upside-down.

2:28 PM, March 06, 2013"

Just a fex dollars then, thanks for the answer.

Anonymous said...

coinquest.com says that a 1974 (1394) 1 dirham contains 0.136 troy ounces of gold...i cannot belief this, because i have 5 1974 dirhams sitting before me right now. this cannot be true? is it?

Man said...

1974 (1394) 1 dirham contains 0.136 troy ounces of gold...i cannot belief this, because i have 5 1974 dirhams sitting before me right now.

32,850,000 were made of copper-nickel worth about $0.30.

30 were made of gold and are rare. I doubt you have the gold version.

Unknown said...

I have 1 coin which am not sure wether its a 20 morocan dirham or 20 saudi dirham its a 1974 and 1394 please help me and its worth

Man said...

20 morocan dirham 1974 and 1394 about $0.40

No such thing as a 20 saudi dirham 1974 and 1394.

Anonymous said...

I work in a Hotel and I found this coin with one of my tips
It has 1987 1407 on one side the 1 on the other side

Man said...

I found this coin with one of my tips
It has 1987 1407 on one side the 1 on the other side


If like the one pictured above it is about $0.30.

Anonymous said...

I have a coin that has 1987 and 1407 and the number 5, what is the value of this coin?

Anonymous said...

My comment about the coin with the number 5 , this coin has a silver ring with a brass center that has the head and on the back with the date and value has the coat of arms with the 5 below.

Man said...

1987 and 1407 and the number 5...this coin has a silver ring with a brass center that has the head and on the back with the date and value has the coat of arms with the 5 below.

Sounds like a 5 DIRHAMS from Morocco the center should be stainless steel and very magnetic.

They are about $5.00 in extra-fine.

Poetic Justice23 said...

I have one of these but the head is upside down on the back is it worth anything?

Man said...

I have one of these but the head is upside down on the back is it worth anything?

If you mean coin alignment that is normal, no extra value.

Unknown said...

I have a 1987 1407 silver coin and I would like to no the value of it

Man said...

1987 1407 silver coin

If like the one pictured above about $0.30

Unknown said...

I have one coin same the picture but mine 1974 1394? How much do you think it's worth it? Thanks

Man said...

one coin same the picture but mine 1974 1394 about $0.30

Unknown said...

Mine is 1974 1394 also what the point in the second date?

Chip said...

Mine is silver and non magnetic not worn ...8 outta 10

Unknown said...

how much is this? ? ?

Unknown said...

Is it worth anything