Saturday, August 04, 2012

1984 Paraguay 10 Guaranies

Have a coin from Paraguay and want to know its value? Leave a comment

Para-para-Paraguay. Para-para-Paraguay. What? It is better than a 10 Justin Guarinis joke.

My one and only Paraguayan coin and all I can do is musical puns. I could have done food puns since this is another one of those FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) coins but that may be insensitive.

REPUBLICA DEL PARAGUAY GRAL. GARAY 1984
 ALIMENTOS PARA EL MUNDO 10 GUARANIES

That is the bust of General Eugenio Alejandrino Garay on the obverse. A soldier and journalist from way back in the day.

The reverse has FOOD FOR THE WORLD in Spanish above the denomination added for the FAO.The cow head was always a part of the design.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Guaranies / Paraguay
Year: 1984
Mintage: 20,000,000
Metal: Stainless Steel
Value: $0.10 in Very-Fine (less than $0.01 in exchange value)

Do you have a Paraguay coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

3 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

I have a coin of this, the year is 1976.
I want to know the value of it these days, and what the story behind it?
Thank you!

Man said...

I have a coin of this, the year is 1976.
I want to know the value of it these days, and what the story behind it?


About $0.10 it is just like the one pictured on this post except they added the FAO motto.

longanh said...

Tôi có 5 đồng 1990 1975