Friday, August 03, 2012

2011-D Dime

Do you have a dime and want to know its value? Leave a comment

The ongoing quest to find one of every coin every made in my change , even the common ones, continues with this dime. I got the Pennsylvania version late June last year and a little over a year passed when this Denver version showed up in my change. Noticed it because it was very shiny.


I have found nearly all the circulated dimes from 1965-2012 with the following exceptions.
  • 2007-D
  • 2009-D
  • 2012-P
  • 2012-D 
There is some reasons for this like 2009-D was a very low mintage and 2012 is very new. Strangely though 2007 dimes were made in the billions so I should have at least one but either they are not circulating well or I have not noticed any.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Cents / United States
Year: 2011 P
Mintage: 754,000,000 (estimated )
Metal: 91.67% Copper, 8.33% Nickel
Value: $0.10  in AU-50

Still have not found a 2009 nickel

Do you have a U.S. dime and want to know its value? Leave a comment / question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

14 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Me. said...

Am i more likely to find a coin from where it was made the closer i am to that place. Ex: if i move closer to denver will i be more likely to find a coin with the mint mark D in change.

Man said...

Am i more likely to find a coin from where it was made the closer i am to that place.

In my experience yes.
From what I know from Colorado and west coast collectors they find D and S coins more often then P coins.

Each year and type is different but first they circulate close to the mint and slowly start to expand.

Hunter Krueger said...

I love when I'm on my iPhone and it tries to make a phone number out of other numbers. For instance, the 1965-2012 you included in the post. I tried clicking it because I thought it was a link and my phone asked me if I wanted to call that number. Stuff like that takes the "smart" out of smart phone. To make this coin related I ususally find both mint marks of circulatind coins that same year except the 2009 nickels, dimes, cents, and state/territory/park quarters.

Hunter Krueger said...

Whoops typo. I meant circulated.

Man said...

I love when I'm on my iPhone and it tries to make a phone number out of other numbers...
--That's why I have an Android,, it's slightly smarter.
Although iPhone does have better coin apps.

I ususally find both mint marks of circulatind coins that same year except the 2009 nickels, dimes, cents, and state/territory/park quarters.
--Are you closer to the middle of Philly and Denver? I think the closer you are to the center of America the more even the change gets.

I'm still the "me." said...

I live in eastern Nebraska, so just about right in the middle :p but I'm always searched for Philly mint.

Man said...

I live in eastern Nebraska, so just about right in the middle

Well you are much closer to Denver, I would expect 90% of coins there to be D.

Hunter Krueger said...

I live right on the east coast. Maybe there's not much of a need for new coins in NYC because of all of the foreign, old, and error coins. Like I said to Pockets O'Change too many people around here must collect because I haven't been getting many coins worth keeping excluding pre-1982 Lincoln Cents and 1964 nickels, of course. Hopefully it's just temporary and I'll start getting more coins and better coins like I did last year.

Man said...

I live right on the east coast.
--Oh yes, I always forget.

Maybe there's not much of a need for new coins in NYC because of all of the foreign, old, and error coins.
Nope, the city gets so many new coins. They did a story a few years back that NY-Transit needed so many $1 coins that they emptied the Fed vaults of the Susan B. Anthony's and most were covered in rat "waste". Yet they still sent them to NYC, what a stereotype.

I did find a narrow and wide rim that year.

Hunter Krueger said...

Hahaha just joking. I know you guys go through tons of coins with millions of people. It's pretty disgusting to think that some of my Anthony Dollars could've been covered in rat waste at some point. I saw your post on the Anthony's nice find! I got an Anthony Dollar as a quarter last month. Nothing special, but I did make $0.75.

Man said...

I saw your post on the Anthony's nice find!

I have to redo that with better pictures. That was 2005 and my picture skills were bad.

Hunter Krueger said...

Sounds like a good idea. A close up of the date and rim on both versions to show the differences would be nice.

SonnyBull said...

Buongiorno mi chiamo Santo è sono in possesso del dollaro Morgan 1888 lettera O F:D:C: acquistato su ebay con certificato denominato Scarface come viene definito in youtube. Adesso la mia domanda è sapere se ha un valore alto per rivenderlo e come fare, visto che in youtube c'è una classifica dei Morgan ed il mio è quotato abbastanza alto se la notizia sia vera. Grazie

Unknown said...

I have one with a date of 1986, how much dose it worth?