Wednesday, October 16, 2013

1963 Nickel

50 years old and still circulating, well until I plucked out of my change and put it aside. Nothing special about this but it is one more to complete your change collection.


It is a good idea to keep any coin older than 50 years but I understand that not all of are valuable. The past week I have not used cash once and my longest time without using or getting cash is two months. For all new collectors you may be finding searching through your coins a bit tough lately.

This is why I suggest collecting these coins because it will help you keep up with the hobby for one thing. The other point is if you decide to abandon your collecting it is easier to just use this common change. 50 years of nickels is about $5.00 and nearly all of the circulating coins from the mints are still in circulation. It will take little space and is a fun challenge that should leave you with no bad feelings if you decide to cash out.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States
Year: 1963
Mintage: 175,776,000
Metal: 75% Copper 25% Nickel
Value: $0.05 in F-12

Do you have a nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: