Monday, December 23, 2013

2012-D Nickel

More common than its Philadelphia counterpart but it has been almost a full year since I found that original Philly. I have had better luck with U.S. finds this year than any other year and better luck than world money.


Pretty decent shape despite some bag marks. It looks full steps but I was never great in identifying that kind of detail. I hope to find modern coins as soon as they come out because circulation does some serious damage. Now I am thinking that 2014 is just around the corner and a whole new list of coins are going to minted that I will eagerly search for everyday. A coin collectors search never ends?

Here's the stats... 
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States of America
Year: 2012 D
Mintage: 558,960,000
Metal: 75% copper 25% nickel
Value: $0.10 in MS-60, $6.00 in MS-66 and 6 Full Steps (this one is neither)

Do you have a U.S.  nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: