Sunday, March 30, 2014

1975 Canada Cent

Someone's pen exploded. I assume by the pattern of dark spots on this Canadian cent that it was covered with ink, it could be grease but ink does get gunky when spilled.

Seeing how coins are held in your pockets and purses I am surprised more coins are not found with gunk. My biggest office/work is a pen exploding in my pocket. Unfortunately I always need a pen or two for my job and I keep them in blazer pockets close to my coins. Luckily nothing bad has happened but I have had barbecue sauce packet spill on my coins when it exploded in my pocket. Hey I just wanted some sauce for dinner!

This coin has no real extra value above metal value but even if it did the stains do not affect value as much as scratches, wear, and dents.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 1975
Mintage: 642,618,000
Metal: 98% Copper, 0.5% Tin, and 1.5% Zinc
Value: $0.02 in F

Do you have a cent from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: