Wednesday, April 30, 2014

1943 Steel Cent

It should be a zinc-coated steel but I think all the zinc on this cent is gone. The coin is rusting and must have been sitting in some awful liquid.

Even if this coin was not rusted it is still common. Over 600 million were made and many survived in near perfect condition. That means unless you find one in full copper it probably has no real value.

Actually found two of them at the same time it must have been dumped together because it has the same rust pattern.


Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent  / United States
Year: 1943
Mintage: 684,628,670
Metal: 100% Steel and plated with Zinc
Value: $0.10 in G-4

Do you have a cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

5 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

Do you have a recommendation on agood overall resource for looking up old coin values? My grandma left a large collection of circulated old coins when she passed. Thanks

Terumi said...

I have a 1941 S Lincoln Cent with the mint mark punched 5 times. Is this a rarity and worth anything?
Thanks

Man said...

Do you have a recommendation on agood overall resource for looking up old coin values?

http://www.pcgs.com/prices/?gclid=COGK0YH3ib4CFaVQOgodMTUA4w

Man said...

1941 S Lincoln Cent with the mint mark punched 5 times

Probably machine doubling seeing how 2 has been the maximum found.

No extra value.

Unknown said...

Can I use one of the rusted cents you posted in my book I am writing?