Wednesday, June 04, 2014

1919 Wheat Cent

The oldest find this year at 95 years old.  Minted one year after WWI ended this coin has presumably been circulating longer than most people have been alive.

The coin is in decent shape although it is filled with gunk. I can imagine it was left somewhere for decades because most older continuously circulating coins would be almost worn flat. Maybe in jar or behind a wall before someone decide to reuse it.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / United States
Year: 1919
Mintage: 392,021,000
Metal: 95% Copper, 5% Tin and Zinc
Value: $0.75 in VF-20

Do you have a wheat cent and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

1 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Unknown said...

I have a 1919 no mint mark wheat penny on the back under United States of America is like this squares dip I was wondering what that means as soon as I figure out how to load picture I will I was again wondering which a little square under United States of America Used to Be