Monday, June 02, 2014

1996 Canada Cent

Eww, this one is being eaten alive by some white stuff. Copper corrodes green and only iron-copper mixtures corrode with white. I suspect that the zinc in the coin may started reacting to an acid seeing how both sides show liquid damage.

This coin of course has no collectors value but it still has metal value. I have plenty of other 1996 Canadian cents so if I decide to toss this back into circulation it is no big loss. I do not like putting corroded coins with normal coins because the chemical reaction tends to spread.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 1 Cent / Canada
Year: 1996
Mintage: 445,746,000
Metal: 98% Copper,1.5% Zinc, and 0.5% Tin
Value: $0.02 in EF-40

Do you have a cent from Canada and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: