Wednesday, July 16, 2014

1997 Bermuda 10 Cents

800,000 of these coins were minted for circulation which does not sound like much. One has to consider the population size which is about 65,000 in Bermuda, not including tourists, makes smaller quantities of coins a better option.

Since I found this one in my change I wonder how many tourist bring Bermudan money home with them. I also wonder if they accept money other than Bermudan money in that country. I assume a tourist friendly country like that is more wiling to take change of any kind.

In America I know there are certain places and certain people who are very anti-foreign change. Even in NYC some cashiers are very strict on what money you can or cannot use. While most others take most anything and will accept a few non-U.S. coins if that is all you have. Still notes are almost never taken in lieu of the host country's money.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 10 Cent / Bermuda
Year: 1997
Mintage: 800,000
Metal: Copper-Nickel
Value: $0.10 in VF

Do you have a Bermudan coin and want to know its value? Leave a comment / question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: