Monday, August 11, 2014

2012 Poland 20 Groszy

RZECZPOSPOLITA POLSKA is Polish for the Poland Repbulic, although I often see the coin and think it is Czechoslovakian. It has that thin bird and simple wreath designs so it look like a lot of Easten European coins.

I do like the MW mint mark under the eagle's right claw. It looks like a bird flying over a crown. Overall a simple design but also traditional.

Third Polish coin I found this year which is more than normal. I do not see a trend even as trade with the U.S. is increasing since Russian sanctions begins to slow down Poland's economy. It is still to soon to show that more Polish tourists are visiting but I am sure less Russians are taking that trip.

Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 20 Groszy / Poland
Year: 2012
Mintage: Unknown
Metal: Copper-Nickel
Value: $0.20 in VF

Do you have a coin from Poland and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

6 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.:

Aussie Kid said...

I now have 1000 coins in my collection

:D

Man said...

I now have 1000 coins in my collection

Nice, congrats.

This is the point were some collectors focus on getting better quality coins by selling some to upgrade.

I never did that so by now I have several thousand common coins.

Aussie Kid said...

Yea some of my coins are worth a considerable amount but I would never even DREAM of selling them because I'm to attached to them :D I still continue to collect out of my change and often swap coins with friends and family.

Man said...

As long as it is still fun keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I have a 1966 Repvbblica Italiana and a indian nickel with no date

Man said...

1966 Repvbblica Italiana
--What denomination?

indian nickel with no date
--About $0.50