Friday, January 23, 2015

1944-P Wartime Silver Nickel

One of the more common silver nickels and I found two of the at one time. The pictures below are the best side of each coin. The bad sides has green stuff and the other one is peeling but they are still silver.

Silver is still relatively low so these are still about $1.00 each in metal value. I still need to find the other seven to complete my set. Surprisingly it is getting easier to find them now than before just in poor shape.
 
Here's the stats...
Type/Country: 5 Cents / United States of America
Year: 1944-P
Mintage: 119,150,000
Metal: 56% copper, 35% silver, and 9% manganese
Value: $1.05 in F-12

Do you have any nickel and want to know its value? Leave a comment/question and I will do my best to find out the price and history for you.

0 dollars worth, for Comments/Questions click here.: